Please call in advance to make an appointment. However, since our physicians may have to tend to emergencies, delays may sometimes occur. We will try to phone you if we need to reschedule your appointment. We would appreciate notification 24 hours in advance if you decide to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
We’ve added a convenient Patient Portal to our home page, which provides you with secure, online access to portions of your medical records, as well as an easy and convenient way to communicate with the practice through a secure Internet connection. Click here to download a PDF document which explains the Patient Portal in more detail.
We will submit your insurance claim form and try to help you get the maximum benefit from your insurance but remember that payment is your responsibility. Please check with your insurance company to ensure proper coverage. You are responsible for paying deductibles, co-insurance, and any other amount not covered by your insurance. We will try to answer as best we can any questions you may have about insurance matters.
What to bring:
- Current insurance cards and insurance information Co-pay and deductible payments
- Referral number (required by some insurance companies)
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Recent medical records and X-rays from other physicians, as they pertain to your present problem
If you need to get in touch with our office after regular office hours, our answering service will take messages. In case of emergency, the physician on call will be contacted and your call will be returned at the earliest opportunity.
Hospital and Surgical Center Affiliations:
- Union Hospital
- Overlook Hospital
- The Center for Ambulatory Surgery in Mountainside
- Ambulatory Surgical Center of Union County